I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to help you build your own Online presence. I’ll add to it as I learn more, but you’ll notice that in the future I will reference this page quite often. I recommend bookmarking it for your reference and convenience. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
MY MOST RECOMMENDED
If you look at nothing else on this page, these are the five that you should know about. I find myself recommending these resources again and again, in emails and on videos. I use them because they make my life easier, and I’m confident you’ll agree too.
WEBSITE HOSTING AND BLOGGING TOOLS
- Hostgator: 99% of my websites are hosted on Hostgator. Easy to use, WordPress installation and excellent customer service. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using Hostgator for your first site.
- SumoMe – Free Tools to Grow Your Blog: From the creative minds of AppSumo comes an amazing suite of free tools to help grow your blog and increase traffic. Over 10,000 blogs (and counting!) use these free tools.
TOP WAYS TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS
- Elite Marketing Pro – This is in my eyes THE most successful program for helping you and others learn how to leverage their time to increase their profits.
PRODUCT DISTRIBUTION & SHOPPING CARTS
- Clickbank: Another digital products retailer. Probably the most popular. Decently priced, but comes with an amazing affiliate program for your products.
- Paypal.com: Paypal is just ok for selling your own products through them, but you’ll need an account anyways to configure with and accept payments from the above shopping carts.
EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS & MARKETING
- Aweber: This is what I currently use to build my email list and send broadcast and autoresponder emails. I love this tool because it’s extremely easy and intuitive to use.
- Google Adsense: Make money by placing relevant ads on your website that are generated from advertisers using Google Adwords. This is free to use, but you have to register for an account.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
GETTING HELP FROM OTHERS / OUTSOURCING
- Elance: Hired service for just about anything you can think of.
- WordPress Makeover: Amzing at Website and Design, they designed this website.
- 99Designs: This is a unique website that you can use if you need a logo design. It’s in a contest format. You submit the description of what you want, and designers will compete against each other to win money.
- SpeechPad: This is the service I have used to get transcripts done for my videos in the past.
- ScreenFlow (for Mac users) – the screen capture software I’m starting to implement.
- Camtasia for PC (Camtasia Studio) – for screen captures
- Omnidazzle – to draw on your screen (free)